Postman vs drf-yasg: What are the differences?
Postman: Only complete API development environment. It is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide; drf-yasg: Automated generation of real Swagger/OpenAPI 2.0 schemas from Django REST Framework code. Generate real Swagger/OpenAPI 2.0 specifications from a Django Rest Framework API.
Postman and drf-yasg belong to "API Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Postman are:
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
On the other hand, drf-yasg provides the following key features:
- full support for nested Serializers and Schemas
- Response schemas and descriptions Model definitions compatible with codegen tools
- Customization hooks at all points in the spec generation process
drf-yasg is an open source tool with 1.66K GitHub stars and 237 GitHub forks. Here's a link to drf-yasg's open source repository on GitHub.