What is ReadMe.io?
It is an easy-to-use tool to help you build out documentation! Each documentation site that you publish is a project where there is space for documentation, interactive API reference guides, a changelog, and much more.
ReadMe.io is a tool in the Documentation as a Service & Tools category of a tech stack.
Who uses ReadMe.io?
51 companies reportedly use ReadMe.io in their tech stacks, including LaunchDarkly, ReadMe.io, and backend.
60 developers on StackShare have stated that they use ReadMe.io.
Pros of ReadMe.io
Looks great and is fun to use
It's friggin awesome
Make sample API calls inside the docs
Decisions about ReadMe.io
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose ReadMe.io in their tech stack.
We already have Confluence on our company, but it's a complex company with a lot of people, and our documentations became a deposit of old files and trash. We are considering use ReadMe.io to create new documentation. Can you help me? Is it worthy?
Oct 28 2016 at 7:14AM
Sep 9 2016 at 2:06AM
Jun 19 2015 at 6:37AM
- Collaboration - Crowdsource your docs! Users can keep docs current by suggesting changes.
- API Explorer - Let users play with your API right inside the documentation.
- GitHub Sync - Keep auto-generated reference docs synced with your actual code.
- Editor - Markdown-based drag-and-drop editor makes documentation almost fun.
- Theme Builder - Easily create a beautiful dev community that matches your brand.
- Support - Let users ask questions and request features in the support forums.
- Versioning - Maintaining old or testing beta versions of your docs is a breeze!
- Application Keys - Your users can view their application keys embedded right in the docs.
ReadMe.io Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to ReadMe.io?
See all alternatives
Capture the knowledge that's too often lost in email inboxes and shared network drives in Confluence instead – where it's easy to find, use, and update.
It is a modern documentation platform where teams can document everything from products, to APIs and internal knowledge-bases. It is a place to think and track ideas for you & your team.
It takes more than a simple HTML page to thrill your API users. The right tools take weeks of development. Weeks that apiary.io saves.
It is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide.