What is Django REST framework?
Who uses Django REST framework?
Django REST framework Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Django REST framework in their tech stack.
Python's GraphQL version – Graphene – has some critical disadvantages, that we found critical:
- Lack of code optimisation. It is also hard to write optimized code because of graphene node API.
- Nonsecure by default. By using reversed fks, you can get a lot of extra data. To stop this, we have to explicit exclude wrong fields, which seems to be error prone.
- Nonflexible code structure. You can't make abstract
graphene.ObjectType class, this limits us a lot.
These are some reasons, that make us move to Django REST framework .
I’ve been using Django for the last year on and off to do my backend API. I’m getting a bit frustrated with the Django REST framework with the setup of the serializers and Django for the lack of web sockets. I’m considering either Spring or .NET Core. I’m familiar with Kotlin and C# but I’ve not built any substantial projects with them. I like OOP, building a desktop app, web API, and also the potential to get a job in the future or building a tool at work to manage my documents, dashboard and processes point cloud data.
I’m familiar with c/cpp, TypeScript.
I would love your insights on where I should go.
Hi I am getting into web development and have two choices at hand learn Django and Django REST framework for apis and Node.js and ExpressJS for backend which one would be the better choice
l'm building a backend service with Django REST framework and l was wondering which method of authentication should l choose?
I am using the Django with Django REST framework for backend and API.. for front-end using React..
- What will be the best way for deployment. Backend and front-end are at different domains or both at the same domain...
- My app will be used concurrently by more than 1000 users. How will I achieve performance? Is there any suggestions...
Hey everyone! I'm planning on building a personal project - this will be my first full-stack project and will be a web app.
The way it will work is that users will be able to post groups. This can be, groups for studying or groups for work, etc. They can also set the desired group size (e.g. limit the group to 3 members). Other users can then join said group - once the group is full, it will automatically close.
What tech stack would you all recommend for this? I have a lot of experience with Django so maybe that will be good for the backend but I'm not sure where to go from there. I've heard using the Django REST framework with a React frontend might be good. Always open to learning new technologies and thanks in advance!
Django REST framework's Features
- The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
- Authentication policies including OAuth1a and OAuth2 out of the box.
- Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources.
- Customizable all the way down - just use regular function-based views if you don't need the more powerful features.
- Extensive documentation, and great community support.
- Used and trusted by large companies such as Mozilla and Eventbrite.