HashiCorp Waypoint vs Deployer: What are the differences?
What is HashiCorp Waypoint? Build, deploy, and release any application on any platform. It provides a modern workflow to build, deploy, and release across platforms It uses a single configuration file and common workflow to manage and observe deployments across platforms such as Kubernetes, Nomad, EC2, Google Cloud Run, and more..
What is Deployer? Deployment Tool for PHP. A deployment tool written in PHP with support for popular frameworks out of the box.
HashiCorp Waypoint and Deployer can be primarily classified as "Continuous Deployment" tools.
Some of the features offered by HashiCorp Waypoint are:
- View log output for running applications and deployments
- Execute a command in the context of a running application
- Get publicly accessible preview URLs per-deployment
On the other hand, Deployer provides the following key features:
- Simple setup process and a minimal learning curve
- Ready to use recipes for most frameworks
- Parallel execution without extensions
Deployer is an open source tool with 8.08K GitHub stars and 1.16K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Deployer's open source repository on GitHub.