Cloudinary vs Google Drive: What are the differences?
What is Cloudinary? An end-to-end image & video management solution for your web and mobile applications. Cloudinary is a cloud-based service that streamlines websites and mobile applications' entire image and video management needs - uploads, storage, administration, manipulations, and delivery.
What is Google Drive? Integrate your app with Google Drive. The Drive SDK gives you a group of APIs along with client libraries, language-specific examples, and documentation to help you develop apps that integrate with Drive The core functionality of Drive apps is to download and upload files in Google Drive. However, the Drive SDK provides a lot more than just storage..
Cloudinary and Google Drive are primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" and "File Storage" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Cloudinary are:
- Upload images to a cloud-based storage
- Upload video to cloud-based storage
- Automatic backup and revision tracking
On the other hand, Google Drive provides the following key features:
- Create & collaborate.- In Google Drive, you can create new documents, spreadsheets and presentations instantly. Work together at the same time, on the same doc, and see changes as they appear.
- Work better with the products you use everyday.- Say goodbye to bulky email attachments. Send a link from Google Drive in Gmail and everyone has the same file, same version—automatically. Your pictures in Google Drive are instantly available in Google+, so you’re never more than one click away from sharing with your circles.
- Powerful search.- Google Drive helps you get to your files faster. Search for content by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Google Drive can even recognize objects in your images and text in scanned documents.
"Easy setup" is the top reason why over 34 developers like Cloudinary, while over 498 developers mention "Easy to use " as the leading cause for choosing Google Drive.
According to the StackShare community, Google Drive has a broader approval, being mentioned in 2070 company stacks & 1949 developers stacks; compared to Cloudinary, which is listed in 114 company stacks and 38 developer stacks.