BrowserStack vs Sauce Labs: What are the differences?
BrowserStack and Sauce Labs can be primarily classified as "Browser Testing" tools.
Some of the features offered by BrowserStack are:
- Real Device Cloud. Test on a range of physical Android and iOS mobile devices and tablets for the most accurate results
- 1100+ desktop browsers. Latest versions of IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and more on a range of Windows and OS X platforms on a robust cloud infrastructure
- Test dev environments. Our Local Testing feature allows you to test development and internal websites seamlessly, without setup or configuration
On the other hand, Sauce Labs provides the following key features:
- 700+ browser/OS/device combinations for cross-browser and platform testing to improve web and mobile app quality and eliminate the overhead of internal infrastructure
- Highly reliable, on-demand cloud for enterprise-grade scalability and industry standard security
- Optimized for popular testing frameworks, CI systems, and surrounding tools and services
"Multiple browsers" is the primary reason why developers consider BrowserStack over the competitors, whereas "Selenium-compatible" was stated as the key factor in picking Sauce Labs.
According to the StackShare community, BrowserStack has a broader approval, being mentioned in 577 company stacks & 238 developers stacks; compared to Sauce Labs, which is listed in 66 company stacks and 11 developer stacks.