Bootstrap vs Webflow: What are the differences?
Developers describe Bootstrap as "Simple and flexible HTML, CSS, and JS for popular UI components and interactions". Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web. On the other hand, Webflow is detailed as "Build responsive websites visually". Webflow is a responsive design tool that lets you design, build, and publish websites in an intuitive interface. Clean code included!.
Bootstrap belongs to "Front-End Frameworks" category of the tech stack, while Webflow can be primarily classified under "Static Web Hosting".
Some of the features offered by Bootstrap are:
- Preprocessors: Bootstrap ships with vanilla CSS, but its source code utilizes the two most popular CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. Quickly get started with precompiled CSS or build on the source.
- One framework, every device: Bootstrap easily and efficiently scales your websites and applications with a single code base, from phones to tablets to desktops with CSS media queries.
- Full of features: With Bootstrap, you get extensive and beautiful documentation for common HTML elements, dozens of custom HTML and CSS components, and awesome jQuery plugins.
On the other hand, Webflow provides the following key features:
- Build responsive websites
- PIxel perfect control
- Publish and host in minutes
"Responsiveness" is the primary reason why developers consider Bootstrap over the competitors, whereas "Interactions and Animations" was stated as the key factor in picking Webflow.
Bootstrap is an open source tool with 134K GitHub stars and 66K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Bootstrap's open source repository on GitHub.
Spotify, Twitter, and Lyft are some of the popular companies that use Bootstrap, whereas Webflow is used by Timekit, URL Snap, and SupplyAI. Bootstrap has a broader approval, being mentioned in 7044 company stacks & 1115 developers stacks; compared to Webflow, which is listed in 15 company stacks and 8 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Bootstrap?
What is Webflow?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions