Bootstrap vs Kendo UI: What are the differences?
Bootstrap: Simple and flexible HTML, CSS, and JS for popular UI components and interactions. Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web; Kendo UI: Fast, light, complete: 70+ jQuery-based UI widgets in one powerful toolset. Fast, light, complete: 70+ jQuery-based UI widgets in one powerful toolset. AngularJS integration, Bootstrap support, mobile controls, offline data solution.
Some of the features offered by Bootstrap are:
- Preprocessors: Bootstrap ships with vanilla CSS, but its source code utilizes the two most popular CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. Quickly get started with precompiled CSS or build on the source.
- One framework, every device: Bootstrap easily and efficiently scales your websites and applications with a single code base, from phones to tablets to desktops with CSS media queries.
- Full of features: With Bootstrap, you get extensive and beautiful documentation for common HTML elements, dozens of custom HTML and CSS components, and awesome jQuery plugins.
On the other hand, Kendo UI provides the following key features:
- Ultimate Performance with Minimum Resources
- Mobile-Friendly and Responsive
- Built-In, Customizable Themes
"Responsiveness" is the primary reason why developers consider Bootstrap over the competitors, whereas "Collection of controls" was stated as the key factor in picking Kendo UI.
Bootstrap and Kendo UI are both open source tools. Bootstrap with 134K GitHub stars and 66K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Kendo UI with 2.16K GitHub stars and 1.73K GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, Bootstrap has a broader approval, being mentioned in 7044 company stacks & 1115 developers stacks; compared to Kendo UI, which is listed in 15 company stacks and 8 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Bootstrap?
What is Kendo UI?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions