Basecamp vs Trello: What are the differences?
Developers describe Basecamp as "The leading web-based project management and collaboration tool". Basecamp is a project management and group collaboration tool. The tool includes features for schedules, tasks, files, and messages. On the other hand, Trello is detailed as "Your entire project, in a single glance". Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.
Basecamp and Trello belong to "Project Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Basecamp are:
- Basecamp is super fast and famously easy to use.
- Basecamp helps you get caught up if you’ve been away.
- Have full control of who sees which projects.
On the other hand, Trello provides the following key features:
- Add a checklist to keep on top of all those little to-dos. There’s also a nice, big progress meter, because who doesn’t love a nice, big progress meter?
- Got a relevant file, image, or document? Attach it right to the card, and you’ll never have to go scrambling through your inbox looking for it later.
- Attach photos, drawings, sketches, and mockups to quickly illustrate ideas at a glance.
"Team collaboration (non-tech)" is the top reason why over 67 developers like Basecamp, while over 701 developers mention "Great for collaboration" as the leading cause for choosing Trello.
Medium, Stack Exchange, and StackShare are some of the popular companies that use Trello, whereas Basecamp is used by 9GAG, Groupon, and thoughtbot. Trello has a broader approval, being mentioned in 2180 company stacks & 1769 developers stacks; compared to Basecamp, which is listed in 124 company stacks and 53 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Basecamp?
What is Trello?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions