Azure Pipelines vs Travis CI: What are the differences?
Azure Pipelines: Continuously build, test, and deploy to any platform and cloud. Fast builds with parallel jobs and test execution. Use container jobs to create consistent and reliable builds with the exact tools you need. Create new containers with ease and push them to any registry; Travis CI: A hosted continuous integration service for open source and private projects. Free for open source projects, our CI environment provides multiple runtimes (e.g. Node.js or PHP versions), data stores and so on. Because of this, hosting your project on travis-ci.com means you can effortlessly test your library or applications against multiple runtimes and data stores without even having all of them installed locally.
Azure Pipelines and Travis CI can be categorized as "Continuous Integration" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Pipelines are:
- Any language, any platform
- Containers and Kubernetes
On the other hand, Travis CI provides the following key features:
- Easy Setup- Getting started with Travis CI is as easy as enabling a project, adding basic build instructions to your project and committing code.
- Supports Your Platform- Lots of databases and services are pre-installed and can simply be enabled in your build configuration, we'll launch them for you automatically. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Riak, RabbitMQ, Memcached are available by default.
- Deploy With Confidence- Deploying to production after a successful build is as easy as setting up a bit of configuration, and we'll deploy your code to Heroku, Engine Yard Cloud, Nodejitsu, cloudControl, OpenShift, and CloudFoundry.
Lyft, Heroku, and Rainist are some of the popular companies that use Travis CI, whereas Azure Pipelines is used by CodeCarrot, HTML/CSS to Image, and Planetarium. Travis CI has a broader approval, being mentioned in 670 company stacks & 625 developers stacks; compared to Azure Pipelines, which is listed in 7 company stacks and 8 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Azure Pipelines?
What is Travis CI?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions