What is wercker?
Wercker is a CI/CD developer automation platform designed for Microservices & Container Architecture.
wercker is a tool in the Continuous Integration category of a tech stack.
Who uses wercker?
50 companies reportedly use wercker in their tech stacks, including Wiki.js, GRVTY, and DocEngage.
113 developers on StackShare have stated that they use wercker.
GitHub, Docker, Bitbucket, Heroku, and Red Hat OpenShift are some of the popular tools that integrate with wercker. Here's a list of all 7 tools that integrate with wercker.
Pros of wercker
Easy config via yaml
Supports both Github and Bitbucket
Easy to setup
Community-driven components (boxes and steps)
Easy to get started
Flexible configuration via YAML
Trigger by branch name
Great UI, free and an active Slack channel :)
Multiple configurable build steps
- Pipelines - Wercker's Pipelines enable developers to fully automate builds, tests and deployments with Docker as a first class citizen.
- Workflows - With Workflows: a collection of pipelines can be chained and triggered to achieve complex automation goals.
- Steps Store - A step is a self contained best practice for accomplishing a specific automation task. Build your own or help yourself to our community based store.
- Security - We manage the nodes and schedulers, and run your jobs utilising a network isolated approach
- we take care of all security patches and updates.
- Deploy - Wercker is customisable and integrates with a variety of deploy targets and supports registries.
wercker Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to wercker?
See all alternatives
Free for open source projects, our CI environment provides multiple runtimes (e.g. Node.js or PHP versions), data stores and so on. Because of this, hosting your project on travis-ci.com means you can effortlessly test your library or applications against multiple runtimes and data stores without even having all of them installed locally.
In a nutshell Jenkins CI is the leading open-source continuous integration server. Built with Java, it provides over 300 plugins to support building and testing virtually any project.
Created at Netflix, it has been battle-tested in production by hundreds of teams over millions of deployments. It combines a powerful and flexible pipeline management system with integrations to the major cloud providers.
Continuous integration and delivery platform helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Offers a modern software development platform that lets teams ramp.
GitLab offers git repository management, code reviews, issue tracking, activity feeds and wikis. Enterprises install GitLab on-premise and connect it with LDAP and Active Directory servers for secure authentication and authorization. A single GitLab server can handle more than 25,000 users but it is also possible to create a high availability setup with multiple active servers.