Appsmith vs Retool: What are the differences?
Appsmith: Open source alternative to Retool. It is an open source framework to build internal tools. The low code project comes with UI widgets like tables, charts, forms, map viewer, and more. Easily connect to REST APIs, Postgres, Mongo, and MySQL. Invite users and allow login with Google accounts; Retool: Build custom internal tools, fast. Retool is the fast way to build internal tools. Drag-and-drop our building blocks and connect them to your databases and APIs to build your own tools, instantly. Built by developers, for developers. Trusted by startups and Fortune 500s.
Appsmith and Retool can be categorized as "Low Code Platforms" tools.
Some of the features offered by Appsmith are:
- Deploy Appsmith on your servers in 5 minutes
- Drag & drop, resize and style widgets without HTML / CSS
- Query & update your database directly from the UI. Connect to PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, REST & GraphQL APIs
On the other hand, Retool provides the following key features:
- A complete set of powerful building blocks
- Connect to anything
- Read or write data with queries