Amazon FPS vs Braintree: What are the differences?
What is Amazon FPS? Charge Amazon’s tens of millions of customers using their Amazon account. With Amazon Flexible Payments Service developers can accept payments on their website for selling goods or services, raise donations, execute recurring payments, and send payments. Amazon customers can pay using the same login credentials, shipping address and payment information they already have on file with Amazon. Amazon FPS supports the processing of payments using credit cards, bank accounts and Amazon Payments account balances to send or receive money.
What is Braintree? Accept payments in your app or website today. Braintree replaces traditional payment gateways and merchant accounts. From one touch payments, to mobile SDKs and international sales, we provide everything you need to start accepting payments today.
Amazon FPS and Braintree belong to "Payment Services" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Amazon FPS are:
- Accept one time payments on your website for selling physical goods, digital content, and services
- Execute periodic or delayed payment features required by subscription and usage-based services such as digital music and online storage
- Facilitate transactions between a buyer and a third party seller, take a cut of the transaction, and have control over who pays the transaction processing fees
On the other hand, Braintree provides the following key features:
- Simple pricing with no minimums- Pay only for what you use, with no minimum monthly volume, at the simple US pricing rate of 2.9% + $.30 per transaction.
- An API developers love- Integrate your app with our API over a cup of coffee.
- We support your business model- Subscriptions or one-off, mobile or web, local or global, our platform adapts.