Amazon CloudSearch vs MeiliSearch: What are the differences?
What is Amazon CloudSearch? Set up, manage, and scale a search solution for your website or application. Amazon CloudSearch enables you to search large collections of data such as web pages, document files, forum posts, or product information. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, you can create a search domain, upload the data you want to make searchable to Amazon CloudSearch, and the search service automatically provisions the required technology resources and deploys a highly tuned search index.
What is MeiliSearch? *Ultra relevant, instant and typo-tolerant full-text search API *. It is a powerful, fast, open-source, easy to use, and deploy search engine. The search and indexation are fully customizable and handles features like typo-tolerance, filters, and synonyms.
Amazon CloudSearch and MeiliSearch can be primarily classified as "Search as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon CloudSearch are:
- Simple to Configure – You can make your data searchable using the AWS Management Console, API calls, or command line tools. Simply point to a sample set of data, and Amazon CloudSearch automatically proposes a list of index fields and a suggested configuration.
- Automatic Scaling For Data &
- Traffic – Amazon CloudSearch scales up and down seamlessly as the amount of data or query volume changes.
On the other hand, MeiliSearch provides the following key features:
- Search as-you-type experience (answers < 50ms)
- Full-text search
- Typo tolerant (understands typos and spelling mistakes)
MeiliSearch is an open source tool with 1.29K GitHub stars and 42 GitHub forks. Here's a link to MeiliSearch's open source repository on GitHub.