Amazon RDS for Aurora vs TrueVault: What are the differences?
Amazon RDS for Aurora: MySQL and PostgreSQL compatible relational database with several times better performance. Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. Amazon Aurora provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability; TrueVault: HIPAA compliant Database as a Service. TrueVault was built to help startups simplify the complexities of HIPAA. TrueVault will save you hundreds of dev hours. Focus on building your software's core functionality, and let TrueVault protect your data at HIPAA-security levels.
Amazon RDS for Aurora and TrueVault can be primarily classified as "SQL Database as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon RDS for Aurora are:
- High Throughput with Low Jitter
- Push-button Compute Scaling
- Storage Auto-scaling
On the other hand, TrueVault provides the following key features:
- HIPAA Compliant - We handle all of the technical requirements mandated by the HIPAA Security Rule. Typical integration takes days and saves months of dev time.
- Built for Developers- Store and search protected health information (PHI) in any file format with a simple RESTful API. No pre-defined schemas to follow.
- BAA + Insurance - TrueVault will sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), and protects customers under a comprehensive Privacy/Data Breach insurance policy.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon Aurora?
What is TrueVault?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What companies use TrueVault?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with TrueVault?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions