What is Debian?
Who uses Debian?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Debian in their tech stack.
Our base infrastructure is composed of Debian based servers running in Amazon EC2 , asset storage with Amazon S3 , and Amazon RDS for Aurora and Redis under Amazon ElastiCache for data storage.
We are starting to work in automated provisioning and management with Terraform.
Kiosk App on Raspberry Pi
- I have a personal project that I'm developing into a Kiosk app and am considering deploying it on a RaspberryPi as a semi-portable controller user interface.
- I'm new to RaspberryPi, I know my way around Debian though, and so I've researched a few Electron tutorials on using Electron on a RaspberryPI and they seem to be what I'm looking for.
- However, I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions in working with Electron on the RaspberryPi, in particular in Kiosk with a touchscreen for user input.
- What's the performance like, are there memory constraints, any reliability issues I should be aware of?
- Once the project is at a working stage I plan to open source it on my GitHub for further input and development.
- I write for the browser and server backend environments using Web technologies and Node.js.