TaxCloud vs TaxJar: What are the differences?
Developers describe TaxCloud as "Free Internet Sales Tax Management". TaxCloud handles every aspect of sales tax compliance, from calculation to collection to filing - and it's completely free for most businesses. On the other hand, TaxJar is detailed as "Sales Tax API with Automated Reporting and Filing". SmartCalcs by TaxJar enables applications and marketplaces to provide accurate sales tax calculations at checkout.
TaxCloud and TaxJar can be categorized as "Accounting" tools.
Some of the features offered by TaxCloud are:
- Free and easy to configure
- Integrates easily with your online marketplace, shopping cart, or order management system
- Instantly calculates sales tax for any U.S. address
On the other hand, TaxJar provides the following key features:
- Accurate Sales Tax Calculations
- Sales Tax Sourcing Rules
- Shipping Taxability by State