Panda vs Zencoder: What are the differences?
What is Panda? Dedicated video encoding in the cloud. Panda is a cloud-based platform that provides video and audio encoding infrastructure. It features lightning fast encoding, and broad support for a huge number of video and audio codecs. You can upload to Panda either from your own web application using our REST API, or by utilizing our easy to use web interface.
What is Zencoder? Cloud-based video and audio encoding product suite. Zencoder downloads the video and converts it to as many formats as you need. Every output is encoded concurrently, with virtually no waiting—whether you do one or one hundred. Zencoder then uploads the resulting videos to a server, CDN, an S3 bucket, or wherever you dictate in your API call.
Panda and Zencoder can be categorized as "Media Transcoding" tools.
Some of the features offered by Panda are:
- Unlimited encoding- When we say unlimited we mean unlimited. With your own dedicated resources, you can upload as much media as you like with no per-minute charge.
- Deliver everywhere- Encode your videos to be viewable in any browser, with any player, on any device.
- High definition- From the cellphone to the big screen, your video will always look gorgeous with 1080p HD video.
On the other hand, Zencoder provides the following key features:
- Fastest Encoding Speeds- Zencoder consistently delivers the fastest encoding times in the cloud. Even HD Quality video is encoded faster than realtime.
- Easy API Integration- Integrate in an afternoon with Zencoder's well documented API, easy-to-use API Request Builder, integration libraries, and dedicated support.
- Any Video. Any Device.- Zencoder has an industry leading 99.9% encoding success rate and supports outputs for nearly every device on the market.