What is Zencoder?
Zencoder downloads the video and converts it to as many formats as you need. Every output is encoded concurrently, with virtually no waiting—whether you do one or one hundred. Zencoder then uploads the resulting videos to a server, CDN, an S3 bucket, or wherever you dictate in your API call.
Zencoder is a tool in the Media Transcoding category of a tech stack.
Who uses Zencoder?
16 companies reportedly use Zencoder in their tech stacks, including Accenture, Kickstarter, and Treehouse.
13 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Zencoder.
Pros of Zencoder
Flexible S3 integration
Good customer support
- Fastest Encoding Speeds- Zencoder consistently delivers the fastest encoding times in the cloud. Even HD Quality video is encoded faster than realtime.
- Easy API Integration- Integrate in an afternoon with Zencoder's well documented API, easy-to-use API Request Builder, integration libraries, and dedicated support.
- Any Video. Any Device.- Zencoder has an industry leading 99.9% encoding success rate and supports outputs for nearly every device on the market.
- Unlimited Scalability- Zencoder is the largest encoding service provider by volume. Our cloud infrastructure scales instantly for you, giving you the power of large encoding clusters without ever paying for idle server time.
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming- Streaming to iPad or iPhone? Zencoder supports Apple’s HLS standards guaranteeing beautiful video on all iOS devices.
- 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed- We’ll always be here for you. Zencoder’s Service Level Agreement guarantees 99.9% uptime for all plans.
Zencoder Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Zencoder?
See all alternatives
Amazon Elastic Transcoder
Convert or transcode media files from their source format into versions that will playback on devices like smartphones, tablets and PCs. Create a transcoding “job” specifying the location of your source media file and how you want it transcoded. Amazon Elastic Transcoder also provides transcoding presets for popular output formats. All these features are available via service API, AWS SDKs and the AWS Management Console.
It provides adaptive streaming infrastructure for video publishers and integrators. Fastest cloud encoding and HTML5 Player, play Video Anywhere.
AWS Elemental MediaConvert
AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features. It allows you to easily create video-on-demand (VOD) content for broadcast and multiscreen delivery at scale.
It is a library for constructing graphs of media-handling components. The applications it supports range from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback, audio/video streaming to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
It is a WebRTC media server and a set of client APIs making simple the development of advanced video applications for WWW and smartphone platforms. Media Server features include group communications, transcoding and more.