NGINX Amplify vs StatsD: What are the differences?
Developers describe NGINX Amplify as "Monitoring and management tool for NGINX". NGINX Amplify is a SaaS monitoring tool for NGINX. Amplify offers an easy way to implement NGINX monitoring, keep track of the infrastructure, and improve NGINX configuration by using static analyzer. On the other hand, StatsD is detailed as "Simple daemon for easy stats aggregation". StatsD is a front-end proxy for the Graphite/Carbon metrics server, originally written by Etsy's Erik Kastner. StatsD is a network daemon that runs on the Node.js platform and listens for statistics, like counters and timers, sent over UDP and sends aggregates to one or more pluggable backend services (e.g., Graphite).
NGINX Amplify and StatsD belong to "Monitoring Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by NGINX Amplify are:
- NGINX monitoring made easy — start in 3 simple steps, in under 5 minutes
- Metrics for NGINX, PHP-FPM, MySQL, Linux, and Docker
- Extended NGINX metric collector
On the other hand, StatsD provides the following key features:
- buckets: Each stat is in its own "bucket". They are not predefined anywhere. Buckets can be named anything that will translate to Graphite (periods make folders, etc)
- values: Each stat will have a value. How it is interpreted depends on modifiers. In general values should be integer.
- flush: After the flush interval timeout (defined by config.flushInterval, default 10 seconds), stats are aggregated and sent to an upstream backend service.
NGINX Amplify and StatsD are both open source tools. StatsD with 14.1K GitHub stars and 1.83K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than NGINX Amplify with 216 GitHub stars and 39 GitHub forks.
Kickstarter, Algolia, and Lyft are some of the popular companies that use StatsD, whereas NGINX Amplify is used by NGINX Inc., Wakapad, and CWorks. StatsD has a broader approval, being mentioned in 72 company stacks & 16 developers stacks; compared to NGINX Amplify, which is listed in 3 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is NGINX Amplify?
What is StatsD?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions