Litmus vs Premailer: What are the differences?
What is Litmus? *Email Testing and Email Marketing Analytics *. Litmus is a testing service for web and marketing professionals. It allows people to cross-browser test their websites, and test their email newsletters across a range of email clients and spam filters.
What is Premailer? Pre-flight for HTML email. For the best HTML e-mail delivery results, CSS should be inline. This is a huge pain and a simple newsletter becomes un-managable very quickly. This script is the solution.
Litmus and Premailer belong to "Email Testing" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Litmus are:
- You send us a copy of your email design, either by uploading the HTML or sending us a test email. Within a couple of minutes you'll see screenshots of your email as it's rendered by all the different email clients. Made a change? One click starts a re-test.
- PREVIEW IN REAL EMAIL CLIENTS- Litmus shows you screenshots of your email newsletter as it looks across all major email clients.
- CHECK ON MOBILE DEVICES- See your email on the most popular mobile devices. Litmus even lets you realistically scroll your email on the device.
On the other hand, Premailer provides the following key features:
- CSS styles are converted to inline style attributes
- Relative paths are converted to absolute paths
- CSS properties are checked against e-mail client capabilities
Premailer is an open source tool with 2.02K GitHub stars and 334 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Premailer's open source repository on GitHub.