Google Drive vs Streem: What are the differences?
What is Google Drive? Integrate your app with Google Drive. The Drive SDK gives you a group of APIs along with client libraries, language-specific examples, and documentation to help you develop apps that integrate with Drive The core functionality of Drive apps is to download and upload files in Google Drive. However, the Drive SDK provides a lot more than just storage..
What is Streem? Unlimited Cloud Storage For Your Media. Unlike other cloud storage tools, Streem takes up no space on your computer, but still gives you instant access to your files without any lag. All media on Streem is converted on-the-fly so you can access it seamlessly regardless of the device or bandwidth.
Google Drive and Streem can be primarily classified as "File Storage" tools.
Some of the features offered by Google Drive are:
- Create & collaborate.- In Google Drive, you can create new documents, spreadsheets and presentations instantly. Work together at the same time, on the same doc, and see changes as they appear.
- Work better with the products you use everyday.- Say goodbye to bulky email attachments. Send a link from Google Drive in Gmail and everyone has the same file, same version—automatically. Your pictures in Google Drive are instantly available in Google+, so you’re never more than one click away from sharing with your circles.
- Powerful search.- Google Drive helps you get to your files faster. Search for content by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Google Drive can even recognize objects in your images and text in scanned documents.
On the other hand, Streem provides the following key features:
- Truly unlimited cloud storage for $20/month. We're able to do this with our de-duplication, compression, and estimation algorithms to figure out how much the average user will store and store only unique copies of files. Based on our data and analysis, with de-duplication and compression, $20/month is enough to cover the cost of an average users' data storage.
- No space and no syncing required. We don't require users to keep copies of files on their device (unlike Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud sync tools). We store a single copy in the cloud and stream the file data down on-demand when it's accessed.
- On-the-fly adaptive bitrate video streaming (Apple HLS). Our video streaming technology is able to dynamically fluctuate the quality of the video stream based on the user's available bandwidth. We also transcode videos on-the-fly, so there are no transcoding wait times and users are able to watch videos instantly after upload, on any device, without having to worry about formats, codecs, quality, resolution, or file size.