GoCD vs TeamCity: What are the differences?
Developers describe GoCD as "Open source continuous delivery tool allows for advanced workflow modeling and dependencies management". GoCD is an open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks. GoCD offers business a first-class build and deployment engine for complete control and visibility. On the other hand, TeamCity is detailed as "TeamCity is an ultimate Continuous Integration tool for professionals". TeamCity is a user-friendly continuous integration (CI) server for professional developers, build engineers, and DevOps. It is trivial to setup and absolutely free for small teams and open source projects.
GoCD and TeamCity can be categorized as "Continuous Integration" tools.
Some of the features offered by GoCD are:
- Model complex workflows with dependency management and parallel execution
- Easy to pass once-built binaries between stages
- Visibility into your end-to-end workflow. Track a change from commit to deploy at a glance
On the other hand, TeamCity provides the following key features:
- Automate code analyzing, compiling, and testing processes, with having instant feedback on build progress, problems, and test failures, all in a simple, intuitive web-interface
- Simplified setup: create projects from just a VCS repository URL
- Run multiple builds and tests under different configurations and platforms simultaneously
"Open source" is the top reason why over 29 developers like GoCD, while over 52 developers mention "Easy to configure" as the leading cause for choosing TeamCity.
GoCD is an open source tool with 5.07K GitHub stars and 796 GitHub forks. Here's a link to GoCD's open source repository on GitHub.
Stack Exchange, ebay, and Apple are some of the popular companies that use TeamCity, whereas GoCD is used by Auto Trader, Hazeorid, and OpenX. TeamCity has a broader approval, being mentioned in 237 company stacks & 351 developers stacks; compared to GoCD, which is listed in 40 company stacks and 78 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is GoCD?
What is TeamCity?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions