Foundation vs Pure: What are the differences?
Developers describe Foundation as "The most advanced responsive front-end framework in the world". Foundation is the most advanced responsive front-end framework in the world. You can quickly prototype and build sites or apps that work on any kind of device with Foundation, which includes layout constructs (like a fully responsive grid), elements and best practices. On the other hand, Pure is detailed as "A set of small, responsive CSS modules that you can use in every web project". Pure is meant to be a starting point for every website or web app. We take care of all the CSS work that every site needs, without making it look cookie-cutter.
Foundation and Pure belong to "Front-End Frameworks" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Foundation are:
- Semantic: Everything is semantic. You can have the cleanest markup without sacrificing the utility and speed of Foundation.
- Mobile First: You can build for small devices first. Then, as devices get larger and larger, layer in more complexity for a complete responsive design.
- Customizable: You can customize your build to include or remove certain elements, as well as define the size of columns, colors, font size and more.
On the other hand, Pure provides the following key features:
- A responsive grid that can be customized to your needs
- A solid base built on Normalize.css to fix cross-browser compatibility issues
- Consistently styled buttons that work with and
"Responsive grid" is the primary reason why developers consider Foundation over the competitors, whereas "Lightweight" was stated as the key factor in picking Pure.
Foundation and Pure are both open source tools. It seems that Foundation with 28.2K GitHub stars and 5.77K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Pure with 20.1K GitHub stars and 2.07K GitHub forks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Foundation?
What is Pure?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Pure?