Firebase vs Simperium: What are the differences?
Developers describe Firebase as "The Realtime App Platform". Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds. On the other hand, Simperium is detailed as "Move data everywhere it's needed, instantly and automatically". Simperium is a new kind of data layer. As your app reads and writes data, Simperium circulates that data everywhere it's needed. You add a Simperium library to your app and initialize it. This library keeps a persistent connection to the Simperium hosted service. The Simperium libraries and service work together to efficiently move data around for your users.
Firebase and Simperium belong to "Realtime Backend / API" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Firebase are:
- Add the Firebase library to your app and get access to a shared data structure. Any changes made to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
- Firebase apps can be written entirely with client-side code, update in real-time out-of-the-box, interoperate well with existing services, scale automatically, and provide strong data security.
- Data Accessibility- Data is stored as JSON in Firebase. Every piece of data has its own URL which can be used in Firebase's client libraries and as a REST endpoint. These URLs can also be entered into a browser to view the data and watch it update in real-time.
On the other hand, Simperium provides the following key features:
- Data transparently moves across mobile, web, and desktop versions of your app
- Your users can read and write data even when they're offline
- Multiple users can collaborate with the same data at the same time
"Realtime backend made easy" is the top reason why over 318 developers like Firebase, while over 2 developers mention "Simple and useful data model" as the leading cause for choosing Simperium.