Dataiku vs Tableau: What are the differences?
What is Dataiku? Data science platform. It is the platform democratizing access to data and enabling enterprises to build their own path to AI in a human-centric way.
What is Tableau? Tableau helps people see and understand data. Tableau can help anyone see and understand their data. Connect to almost any database, drag and drop to create visualizations, and share with a click.
Dataiku belongs to "Data Science Tools" category of the tech stack, while Tableau can be primarily classified under "Business Intelligence".
Some of the features offered by Dataiku are:
- Spend more time on high-impact AI projects
- The power of AI + your business expertise = unlimited opportunity
- Leverage the power of AI in every business decision for transformative impact
On the other hand, Tableau provides the following key features:
- Connect to data on prem or in the cloud—whether it’s big data, a SQL database, a spreadsheet, or cloud apps like Google Analytics and Salesforce. Access and combine disparate data without writing code. Power users can pivot, split, and manage metadata to optimize data sources. Analysis begins with data. Get more from yours with Tableau.
- Exceptional analytics demand more than a pretty dashboard. Quickly build powerful calculations from existing data, drag and drop reference lines and forecasts, and review statistical summaries. Make your point with trend analyses, regressions, and correlations for tried and true statistical understanding. Ask new questions, spot trends, identify opportunities, and make data-driven decisions with confidence.
- Answer the “where” as well as the “why.” Create interactive maps automatically. Built-in postal codes mean lightning-fast mapping for more than 50 countries worldwide. Use custom geocodes and territories for personalized regions, like sales areas. We designed Tableau maps specifically to help your data stand out.
According to the StackShare community, Tableau has a broader approval, being mentioned in 168 company stacks & 588 developers stacks; compared to Dataiku, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 9 developer stacks.