Cronofy vs Zapier: What are the differences?
What is Cronofy? One API for all the calendars. Calendar integration is hard. So we've made it easy Each platform has its own data models and authentication flows.
Keeping track of changes is a headache.
Handling users' personal data is onerous.
We've fixed all of that..
What is Zapier? Automate tasks between other online services (services like Salesforce, Basecamp, Gmail, and 400+ more). Zapier is for busy people who know their time is better spent selling, marketing, or coding. Instead of wasting valuable time coming up with complicated systems - you can use Zapier to automate the web services you and your team are already using on a daily basis.
Cronofy and Zapier are primarily classified as "Calendar API" and "Web Service Automation" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Cronofy are:
- Support for Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, Apple, Google
- All calendars not just the easy one
- No more public iCal feeds
On the other hand, Zapier provides the following key features:
- A Zap is a blueprint for a task you want to do over and over. In words, a Zap looks like this: "When I get a new thing in A, do this other thing in B." The first part is the trigger and the second part is the action. An example is "When I get a new entry from a Wufoo form, create a new lead in Salesforce."
- You can pick what fields from the trigger service should go to the action service and you can use static text and custom fields too. For instance, you might say that the phone number from your Wufoo form should be the work phone of your new Salesforce lead.
- Zapier regularly checks your trigger for new data. When the Zap triggers, Zapier automatically performs your action for you. Continuing with the Wufoo scenario, say you receive five new entries. Zapier takes each one and makes a new lead in Salesforce, customized to the way you specified in your Zap.
"All the calendars in one API" is the top reason why over 3 developers like Cronofy, while over 40 developers mention "Sync cloud services" as the leading cause for choosing Zapier.
Hey! We are Raisegiving, a payments platform geared towards helping nonprofits raise money and manage donors. We are looking to give our Users (Admins of nonprofits) the ability to integrate their Raisegiving account with other tools such as Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Examples of desired use cases:
- Users should be able to sync Raisegiving audience with their Mailchimp audience, trigger the creation of a new Mailchimp audience based on data from their Raisegiving account.
- Donations made on our platform should sync with users Quickbooks account.
Does anyone have any helpful insights into the pros and cons of Tray.io vs Zapier?
Tray.io is expensive and only makes sense in a few rare occasions where you need 2-way constant data binding in a 'loop' where Zapier is more like an automation swiss army knife. Tray.io is aimed exclusively at enterprise while Zapier supports businesses of any size. Tray.io is very expensive and Zapier is much more reasonable especially early on before you have massive amounts of zaps.
You may also want to look at Integromat but Zapier would be my choice in this case. I almost don't see Tray.io as being something worth considering for your particular use case unless there's a massive scale behind your product that I'm unaware of (absurd amounts of tasks in the hundreds of thousands).
Zapier also has a great community and an "experts" program in the event that you want to outsource your automation.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Cronofy?
What is Zapier?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
After looking at the many challenges of implementing personal calendar sync into our code base, we ran into the Cronofy API. We decided to go forward with it after reviewing their well designed API and complete documentation.
Cronofy has been a tremendous help for us. By implementing only 1 simple and solid Calendar Sync API, we inherited support for all the major calendars out there, which saved us a lot of precious time.
We've also received exceptional support from the team at any stage of our integration.
I recommend their API to anybody that needs calendar sync support.
Hey! I have been using Zapier for a while and I get updates for everything that I do. :D Sports, gmail, and pretty much everything else!
For creating and updating events in the agent's calendar when a Task is assigned to them.
Also to receive notifications when an event changes so the corresponding Zendesk task can be updated.
To create and update calendar events when the Evernote reminder is created/changed.
Also to listen for changes to the calendar events so the Evernote reminders can be amended accordingly.
Zapier is used to catch Webhooks from Shopify to do things like customer follow-up, cart abandonment and other cool things.
- Trigger Redmine issues.
- Merge request trigger from Gitlab by webhook.
- Post messages/alerts to Chatwork to dev team.
This service saves so much time integrating different API services and triggering different cloud apps.
Monitoring new customer sales, keeping MailChimp lists up to date with current subscriber information.