Crashlytics vs HockeyApp: What are the differences?
Crashlytics: The world's most powerful, yet lightest weight crash reporting solution. Free for everybody. Instead of just showing you the stack trace, Crashlytics performs deep analysis of each and every thread. We de-prioritize lines that don't matter while highlighting the interesting ones. This makes reading stack traces easier, faster, and far more useful! Crashlytics' intelligent grouping can take 50,000 crashes, distill them down to 20 unique issues, and then tell you which 3 are the most important to fix; HockeyApp: Manage your betas and collect live crash reports for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and OS X apps. HockeyApp is the best way to collect live crash reports, get feedback from your users, distribute your betas, and analyze your test coverage.
Crashlytics belongs to "Mobile Error Monitoring" category of the tech stack, while HockeyApp can be primarily classified under "Beta Testing / Mobile App Distribution".
Some of the features offered by Crashlytics are:
- Instead of just showing you the stack trace, Crashlytics performs deep analysis of each and every thread. We de-prioritize lines that don't matter while highlighting the interesting ones. This makes reading stack traces easier, faster, and far more useful!
- Crashlytics' intelligent grouping can take 50,000 crashes, distill them down to 20 unique issues, and then tell you which 3 are the most important to fix.
- Now you'll get precise information on the performance of the devices that your apps run on. We'll let you know if the crash only happens on a specific model or generation of a device. We'll even tell you other information, like whether your app only crashes in landscape mode, or whether the proximity sensor is always on.
On the other hand, HockeyApp provides the following key features:
- Crash Reports- HockeyApp offers the most reliable and complete crash reporting for beta and App Store versions using open source frameworks. Providing full server-side symbolication with class names, methods, line numbers, and automatic grouping of similar crash reports.
- Feedback- HockeyApp allows you to communicate with your customers. Users can create a support request, post an idea, or discuss a problem right from within the app.
- Distribution- Upload your beta versions to HockeyApp and distribute them to your beta testers. Integrate our open-source SDK and your app will automatically be able to detect updates and offer the updates right within the app.Analytics- By integrating our SDK into your app, you'll get advanced metrics to get a better overview of the testing for your app. See which devices were tested, which testers used the app for how long, and which language was tested.
"Crash tracking" is the primary reason why developers consider Crashlytics over the competitors, whereas "Crash analytics" was stated as the key factor in picking HockeyApp.
9GAG, Yelp, and PayPal are some of the popular companies that use Crashlytics, whereas HockeyApp is used by Harvest, Pubu, and OrderUp. Crashlytics has a broader approval, being mentioned in 352 company stacks & 69 developers stacks; compared to HockeyApp, which is listed in 50 company stacks and 11 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Crashlytics?
What is HockeyApp?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions