Chef vs ScriptRock: What are the differences?
What is Chef? Build, destroy and rebuild servers on any public or private cloud. Chef enables you to manage and scale cloud infrastructure with no downtime or interruptions. Freely move applications and configurations from one cloud to another. Chef is integrated with all major cloud providers including Amazon EC2, VMWare, IBM Smartcloud, Rackspace, OpenStack, Windows Azure, HP Cloud, Google Compute Engine, Joyent Cloud and others.
What is ScriptRock? QA for DevOps. ScriptRock helps you scan, compare and control configurations and changes in the datacenter or the cloud.
Chef and ScriptRock can be categorized as "Server Configuration and Automation" tools.
Some of the features offered by Chef are:
- Access to 800+ Reusable Cookbooks
- Integration with Leading Cloud Providers
- Enterprise Platform Support including Windows and Solaris
On the other hand, ScriptRock provides the following key features:
- End To End Visibility - Get visibility of your environment at the push of a button
- Comparisons In Context - Quickly identify differences across machines to pinpoint drift
- Easy To Use - Change the way you manage configurations and change
Chef is an open source tool with 5.85K GitHub stars and 2.36K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Chef's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Chef?
What is ScriptRock?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What companies use ScriptRock?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions