Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Blazor vs Knack: What are the differences?
Developers describe Blazor as "An experimental web UI framework using C#/Razor and HTML, running in the browser via WebAssembly". Blazor is a .NET web framework that runs in any browser. You author Blazor apps using C#/Razor and HTML. On the other hand, Knack is detailed as "Easily build beautiful data-driven web apps". Build simple web apps like a member directory, job listings, employee time tracking, business directory, contact directory, product catalogue, or equipment tracker.
Blazor and Knack can be categorized as "Web App Builders" tools.
Some of the features offered by Blazor are:
- Uses only the latest web standards
- No plugins or transpilation needed
- A component model for building composable UI
On the other hand, Knack provides the following key features:
- No cookie-cutter software- define the exact data that your app needs.
- Easy data types like name, address, email, and more add structure and formatting to your data.
- Powerful options for formulas, equations, files, and images.
Blazor is an open source tool with 8.18K GitHub stars and 664 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Blazor's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of Blazor
- Uses C#60
- No need to learn separate language or technology47
- Supports making a single page application40
- Tight integration with .NET project38
- Uses .NET standard library36
- No need to compile, bundle and deploy separately26
- Shared classes between client and server26
- Cross Platform23
- Has Server AND Client hosting models20
- Third party state management i.e. Blazor-State16
- App state can be managed singleton objects13
- Portable Code across Mobile, Web and Desktop3
- Work with Electron/MAUI1
Pros of Knack
- Web Apps2
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Blazor
- Initial load time3