Bitcasa vs Dropbox: What are the differences?
Bitcasa: Your External Hard Drive in the Cloud. Your personal cloud storage platform. Simple, private & secure, as much space as you need, for all your devices; Dropbox: Build the power of Dropbox into your apps. Harness the power of Dropbox. Connect to an account, upload, download, search, and more.
Bitcasa and Dropbox belong to "File Storage" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Bitcasa are:
- Your data is yours alone. - Your files are encrypted before they leave your computer, meaning only you can see the contents.
- Store once, access anywhere. - Have a movie you want to watch, but can’t find the right movie player? Bitcasa can play it, including on your mobile phone.
- Bitcasa never runs out of space. - Rather than just “syncing” your files between computers, Bitcasa is like an external hard drive that you can access anywhere.
On the other hand, Dropbox provides the following key features:
- Sync API- Read and write to Dropbox from iOS & Android as if it were a local filesystem.
- Core API- The basics. Upload, download, search, and more from your web or mobile app.