Amazon CloudFront vs Cloudinary: What are the differences?
What is Amazon CloudFront? Content delivery with low latency and high data transfer speeds. Amazon CloudFront can be used to deliver your entire website, including dynamic, static, streaming, and interactive content using a global network of edge locations. Requests for your content are automatically routed to the nearest edge location, so content is delivered with the best possible performance.
What is Cloudinary? An end-to-end image & video management solution for your web and mobile applications. Cloudinary is a cloud-based service that streamlines websites and mobile applications' entire image and video management needs - uploads, storage, administration, manipulations, and delivery.
Amazon CloudFront can be classified as a tool in the "Content Delivery Network" category, while Cloudinary is grouped under "Image Processing and Management".
Some of the features offered by Amazon CloudFront are:
- Fast- Using a network of edge locations around the world, Amazon CloudFront caches copies of your static content close to viewers, lowering latency when they download your objects and giving you the high, sustained data transfer rates needed to deliver large popular objects to end users at scale.
- Simple- A single API call lets you get started distributing content from your Amazon S3 bucket or Amazon EC2 instance or other origin server through the Amazon CloudFront network.
- Designed for use with other Amazon Web Services Amazon CloudFront is designed for use with other Amazon Web Services, including Amazon S3, where you can durably store the definitive versions of your static files, and Amazon EC2, where you can run your application server for dynamically generated content.
On the other hand, Cloudinary provides the following key features:
- Upload images to a cloud-based storage
- Upload video to cloud-based storage
- Automatic backup and revision tracking
"Fast" is the primary reason why developers consider Amazon CloudFront over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking Cloudinary.
According to the StackShare community, Amazon CloudFront has a broader approval, being mentioned in 3387 company stacks & 621 developers stacks; compared to Cloudinary, which is listed in 115 company stacks and 39 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon CloudFront?
What is Cloudinary?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions