What is Apache Ant?
Who uses Apache Ant?
Apache Ant Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Apache Ant in their tech stack.
All Java-Projects are compiled using Apache Maven. We prefer it over Apache Ant and Gradle as it combines lightweightness with feature-richness and offers basically all we can imagine from a software project-management tool and more. We're open however to re-evaluate this decision in favor of Gradle or Bazel in the future if we feel like we're missing out on anything.
Apache Ant's Features
- The most complete Java build and deployment tool available.
- Platform neutral and can handle platform specific properties such as file separators
- Can be used to perform platform specific tasks such as modifying the modified time of a file using 'touch' command
- Scripts are written using plain XML. If you are already familiar with XML, you can learn pretty quickly
- Automate complicated repetitive tasks
- Interface to develop custom tasks
- Can be easily invoked from the command line and it can integrate with free and commercial IDEs