What is Apache Maven?
Who uses Apache Maven?
Apache Maven Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Apache Maven in their tech stack.
All Java-Projects are compiled using Apache Maven. We prefer it over Apache Ant and Gradle as it combines lightweightness with feature-richness and offers basically all we can imagine from a software project-management tool and more. We're open however to re-evaluate this decision in favor of Gradle or Bazel in the future if we feel like we're missing out on anything.
Hi, I am doing automation for mobile app (iOS & Android). Currently, I am using Apache Maven build tool. Can someone tell me which out of these 3 tools is the best? (fastlane, Gradle, Maven). Apart from that, we are using CircleCI.
Apache Maven's Features
- Simple project setup that follows best practices - get a new project or module started in seconds
- Consistent usage across all projects means no ramp up time for new developers coming onto a project
- Superior dependency management including automatic updating, dependency closures (also known as transitive dependencies)
- Able to easily work with multiple projects at the same time
- A large and growing repository of libraries and metadata to use out of the box, and arrangements in place with the largest Open Source projects for real-time availability of their latest releases
- Extensible, with the ability to easily write plugins in Java or scripting languages
- Instant access to new features with little or no extra configuration
- Ant tasks for dependency management and deployment outside of Maven