What is Vue CLI?
Who uses Vue CLI?
Vue CLI Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Vue CLI in their tech stack.
Our whole Vue.js frontend stack (incl. SSR) consists of the following tools:
- Vue Styleguidist as our style guide and pool of developed Vue.js components
- Vuetify as Material Component Framework (for fast app development)
- TypeScript as programming language
- Apollo / GraphQL (incl. GraphiQL) for data access layer (https://apollo.vuejs.org/)
- ESLint, TSLint and Prettier for coding style and code analyzes
- Jest as testing framework
- Google Fonts and Font Awesome for typography and icon toolkit
- NativeScript-Vue for mobile development
The main reason we have chosen Vue.js over React and AngularJS is related to the following artifacts:
- Empowered HTML. Vue.js has many similar approaches with Angular. This helps to optimize HTML blocks handling with the use of different components.
- Detailed documentation. Vue.js has very good documentation which can fasten learning curve for developers.
- Adaptability. It provides a rapid switching period from other frameworks. It has similarities with Angular and React in terms of design and architecture.
- Awesome integration. Vue.js can be used for both building single-page applications and more difficult web interfaces of apps. Smaller interactive parts can be easily integrated into the existing infrastructure with no negative effect on the entire system.
- Large scaling. Vue.js can help to develop pretty large reusable templates.
- Tiny size. Vue.js weights around 20KB keeping its speed and flexibility. It allows reaching much better performance in comparison to other frameworks.
I am trying to build a Cordova app using Vue.js and Quasar Framework, should I use the Vue CLI or quasar CLI? Which would be better for extensibility?
Vue CLI's Features
- Feature Rich - Out-of-the-box support for Babel, TypeScript, ESLint, PostCSS, PWA, Unit Testing & End-to-end Testing.
- No Need to Eject
- Graphical User Interface
- Instant Prototyping
- Future Ready