Searchkick vs Sonic Server: What are the differences?
Searchkick: Intelligent search made easy. Searchkick learns what your users are looking for. As more people search, it gets smarter and the results get better. It’s friendly for developers - and magical for your users; Sonic Server: Fast, lightweight & schema-less search backend. A fast, lightweight and schema-less search backend. It ingests search texts and identifier tuples that can then be queried against in microseconds.
Searchkick and Sonic Server belong to "Search Engines" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Searchkick are:
- stemming - tomatoes matches tomato
- special characters - jalapeno matches jalapeño
- extra whitespace - dishwasher matches dish washer
On the other hand, Sonic Server provides the following key features:
- Search terms are stored in collections, organized in buckets
- Search results return object identifiers
Searchkick and Sonic Server are both open source tools. Sonic Server with 6.82K GitHub stars and 182 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Searchkick with 4.97K GitHub stars and 582 GitHub forks.