Portia vs Octoparse: What are the differences?
Portia: Visual web scraping tool that lets you extract data without writing a single line of code. Portia is an open source tool that lets you get data from websites. It facilitates and automates the process of data extraction. This visual web scraper works straight from your browser, so you don't need to download or install anything; Octoparse: A cloud-based web data extraction solution that helps users extract relevant information. It is a free client-side Windows web scraping software that turns unstructured or semi-structured data from websites into structured data sets, no coding necessary. Extracted data can be exported as API, CSV, Excel or exported into a database.
Portia and Octoparse can be primarily classified as "Web Scraping API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Portia are:
- Extracts data from websites based on visual selections by the user
- Creates generic web scrapers which are capable of extracting data from any web page with a similar structure
- Exports scraped data in CSV, JSON, JSON-lines and XML
On the other hand, Octoparse provides the following key features:
- Point-and-Click Interface
- Simply point and click web data
- Automatically extract all the data in similar layout
Portia is an open source tool with 7.24K GitHub stars and 1.15K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Portia's open source repository on GitHub.