Observium vs Packetbeat: What are the differences?
Observium: A network monitoring platform *. It is a low-maintenance auto-discovering network monitoring platform supporting a wide range of device types, platforms and operating systems ; *Packetbeat:** Open Source application monitoring & packet tracing system. Packetbeat agents sniff the traffic between your application processes, parse on the fly protocols like HTTP, MySQL, Postgresql or REDIS and correlate the messages into transactions.
Observium and Packetbeat belong to "Network Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Observium are:
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Threshold, State and Syslog Alerting
- Rule-based automatic grouping
On the other hand, Packetbeat provides the following key features:
- Packetbeat Statistics: Contains high-level views like the network topology, the application layer protocols repartition, the response times repartition, and others
- Packetbeat Search: This page enables you to do full text searches over the indexed network messages
- Packetbeat Query Analysis: This page demonstrates more advanced statistics like the top N slow SQL queries, the database throughput or the most common MySQL erro
Packetbeat is an open source tool with 7.65K GitHub stars and 2.61K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Packetbeat's open source repository on GitHub.