Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Liquibase vs Redsmin: What are the differences?
What is Liquibase? Source control for your database. Developers store database changes in text-based files on their local development machines and apply them to their local databases. Changelog files can be be arbitrarily nested for better management.
What is Redsmin? All-in-one fully featured GUI for Redis. Redsmin is an all-in-one GUI for Redis, a tightly crafted developer oriented, online real-time monitoring and administration service for Redis.
Liquibase and Redsmin can be categorized as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Liquibase are:
- Supports code branching and merging
- Supports multiple developers
- Supports multiple database types
On the other hand, Redsmin provides the following key features:
- Cross-platform, works everywhere inside a browser.
- Multiple database management with direct (plain text connection), direct (TLS/SSL connection) or proxied access for local instances behind a firewall.
- Batch operation over multiple key that match a pattern (delete, rename, duplicate)
Liquibase is an open source tool with 1.78K GitHub stars and 1.09K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Liquibase's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of Liquibase
- Many DBs supported18
- Great database tool18
- Easy setup12
- Database independent migration scripts8
- Database version controller5
- Unique open source tool5
- Precondition checking2
- Supports NoSQL and Graph DBs1
Pros of Redsmin
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Liquibase
- Documentation is disorganized5
- No vendor specifics in XML format - needs workarounds5