Knack vs Microsoft PowerApps: What are the differences?
Knack: Easily build beautiful data-driven web apps. Build simple web apps like a member directory, job listings, employee time tracking, business directory, contact directory, product catalogue, or equipment tracker; Microsoft PowerApps: Build professional-grade apps the easy way. It is a suite of apps, services, connectors and data platform that provides a rapid application development environment to build custom apps for your business needs. Using Power Apps, you can quickly build custom business apps that connect to your business data stored either in the underlying data platform (Common Data Service) or in various online and on-premises data sources (SharePoint, Excel, Office 365, Dynamics 365, SQL Server, and so on).
Knack and Microsoft PowerApps can be primarily classified as "Low Code Platforms" tools.
Some of the features offered by Knack are:
- No cookie-cutter software- define the exact data that your app needs.
- Easy data types like name, address, email, and more add structure and formatting to your data.
- Powerful options for formulas, equations, files, and images.
On the other hand, Microsoft PowerApps provides the following key features:
- Provide professional developers the tools to seamlessly extend app capabilities with Azure Functions and custom connectors to proprietary or on-premises systems
- Give everyone the power to build the apps they need with advanced functionality previously only available to professional developers—including pre-built AI components
- Empower your team to start building and launching apps right away using pre-built templates, drag-and-drop simplicity, and quick deployment—then roll out continuous improvements as needed