Kitematic vs Lando: What are the differences?
What is Kitematic? The easiest way to start using Docker on your Mac. Simple Docker App management for Mac OS X.
What is Lando? *An open source, local development environment and DevOps tool *. It's a free, open source, cross-platform, local development environment and DevOps tool built on Docker container technology and developed by Tandem. Designed to work with most major languages, frameworks and services, it provides an easy way for developers of all skill levels to specify simple or complex requirements for their projects, and then quickly get to work on them.
Kitematic and Lando belong to "Container Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Kitematic are:
- Mac App with GUI for Docker
- Create images from any folder with a Dockerfile in it
- Configure environment variables
On the other hand, Lando provides the following key features:
- Mimicking your production environment locally
- Integrating with hosting providers like Pantheon
- Running CI tests locally, running local tests in CI
Kitematic and Lando are both open source tools. It seems that Kitematic with 10.6K GitHub stars and 1.28K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Lando with 1.47K GitHub stars and 291 GitHub forks.