Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Locust vs k6: What are the differences?
Locust and k6 belong to "Load and Performance Testing" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Locust are:
- Define user behaviour in code
- Distributed & scalable
- Proven & battle tested
On the other hand, k6 provides the following key features:
- Primarily for load testing, it also works for functional testing of APIs and microservices with its powerful JS ES6 based scripting API
- Straightforward CLI, sharing many UX aspects with the DevOps tools you already use
Locust and k6 are both open source tools. Locust with 11.2K GitHub stars and 1.62K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than k6 with 5.57K GitHub stars and 287 GitHub forks.
Pros of k6
- Fits nicely in a CI workflow12
- It's code-first10
- Easy to use9
Pros of Locust
- Supports distributed11
- Open source7
- Easy to use6
- Easy to setup6
- Test Anything2
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of k6
- Requires bundling and transpiling to use npm packages2
Cons of Locust
- Bad design1