Jive Social Intranet vs Liferay: What are the differences?
What is Jive Social Intranet? * Empower enterprise collaboration and alignment*. Jive turns your intranet into a hub of enterprise collaboration and communication. It enables new efficiencies and cohesion across your organization, keeps employees more engaged and informed, and drives innovation and business success.
What is Liferay? Open source portal, content, collaboration software. It makes software that helps companies create digital experiences on web, mobile and connected devices.
Jive Social Intranet and Liferay can be categorized as "Enterprise Collaboration" tools.
Some of the features offered by Jive Social Intranet are:
- Connect, communicate, collaborate.- Brainstorm ideas and make quick decisions in Jive discussions. Keep each other informed with blogs, real-time status updates and smart activity streams. Share rich content. Create and complete documents together. Find answers fast. Stay connected, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing.
- Ubiquitous access.- Connect and participate from your favorite smartphone or tablet with Jive Mobile. Converse with colleagues and view relevant content while visiting any website with Jive Anywhere. Get social context while using your CRM, content management system, Microsoft applications and other traditional software.
- Activity streams.- See updates across all the people, places, projects and content in your organization, at a glance. Jive’s activity streams give you a personalized view of the actions you can’t afford to miss. Intelligent filtering screens out everything but the most critical updates, so there’s no information overload.
On the other hand, Liferay provides the following key features:
- Tailored solutions built fast, secure, and connected on one platform
- Increase Online Revenue with B2B Commerce
- Create Simple, Effective Self-Service Experiences
Liferay is an open source tool with 1.54K GitHub stars and 2.56K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Liferay's open source repository on GitHub.
GoDaddy, Seat Pagine Gialle, and Liferay are some of the popular companies that use Liferay, whereas Jive Social Intranet is used by Groupon, Nike, and Cisco SSO. Liferay has a broader approval, being mentioned in 244 company stacks & 8 developers stacks; compared to Jive Social Intranet, which is listed in 6 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.