Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
FilePreviews.io vs scikit-image: What are the differences?
What is FilePreviews.io? Thumbnails and metadata for almost any kind of file. An API service designed for developers building applications with rich file preview capabilities. We generate an image preview of every page, layer, OCR text, EXIF metadata and much more.
What is scikit-image? Image processing in Python. scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.
FilePreviews.io and scikit-image can be categorized as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by FilePreviews.io are:
- Generate thumbnails for over 50 file formats
- Generate thumbnails of multi-page documents
- Extract Photoshop layers
On the other hand, scikit-image provides the following key features:
- Provides I/O, filtering, morphology, transformations, measurement, annotation, color conversions, test data sets, etc.
- Written in Python with a well-commented source code
- Has had 5,709 commits made by 116 contributors representing 29,953 lines of code
scikit-image is an open source tool with 3.1K GitHub stars and 1.31K GitHub forks. Here's a link to scikit-image's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of FilePreviews.io
Pros of scikit-image
- More powerful6
- Anaconda compatibility4
- Great documentation1