FilePreviews.io vs OpenCV: What are the differences?
What is FilePreviews.io? Thumbnails and metadata for almost any kind of file. An API service designed for developers building applications with rich file preview capabilities. We generate an image preview of every page, layer, OCR text, EXIF metadata and much more.
What is OpenCV? Open Source Computer Vision Library. OpenCV was designed for computational efficiency and with a strong focus on real-time applications. Written in optimized C/C++, the library can take advantage of multi-core processing. Enabled with OpenCL, it can take advantage of the hardware acceleration of the underlying heterogeneous compute platform.
FilePreviews.io and OpenCV can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by FilePreviews.io are:
- Generate thumbnails for over 50 file formats
- Generate thumbnails of multi-page documents
- Extract Photoshop layers
On the other hand, OpenCV provides the following key features:
- C++, C, Python and Java interfaces and supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS and Android
- More than 47 thousand people of user community and estimated number of downloads exceeding 7 million
- Usage ranges from interactive art, to mines inspection, stitching maps on the web or through advanced robotics
OpenCV is an open source tool with 36.3K GitHub stars and 26.6K GitHub forks. Here's a link to OpenCV's open source repository on GitHub.