Email on Acid vs MailCatcher: What are the differences?
What is Email on Acid? Email testing made simple. Email on Acid is the most affordable, self-serve email testing platform in the world. We can help you maximize the success of your email marketing efforts by diagnosing and improving your renderability, deliverability, click-throughs and conversions.
What is MailCatcher? An email testing tool. It runs a super simple SMTP server which catches any message sent to it to display in a web interface. It catches all mail and stores it for display. It shows HTML, Plain Text and Source version of messages, as applicable.
Email on Acid and MailCatcher can be categorized as "Email Testing" tools.
Some of the features offered by Email on Acid are:
- Preview your email in 8 operating systems, 6 web browsers, and 32 email clients - all within one click.
- Preview your email before you send it!- We manage hundreds of servers and mobile devices to deliver you the fastest results possible.
- Our Code Analysis identifies individual lines of code that are not supported in each email client.- Discrepancies are classified as critical, moderate, or minor. Critical errors might adversely affect your layout whereas minor errors might include unsupported fonts, alt, or title tags.
On the other hand, MailCatcher provides the following key features:
- Runs as a daemon in the background, optionally in foreground. Sendmail-analogue command
- catchmail, makes using mailcatcher from PHP a lot easier
- Keyboard navigation between messages
MailCatcher is an open source tool with 4.74K GitHub stars and 457 GitHub forks. Here's a link to MailCatcher's open source repository on GitHub.