Coverity Scan vs Phabricator: What are the differences?
What is Coverity Scan? Find and fix defects in your Java, C/C++ or C# open source project for free. Coverity's implementation of static analysis can follow all the possible paths of execution through source code (including interprocedurally) and find defects and vulnerabilities caused by the conjunction of statements that are not errors independent of each other.
What is Phabricator? Open Source, Software Development Platform. Phabricator is a collection of open source web applications that help software companies build better software.
Coverity Scan and Phabricator belong to "Code Review" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Coverity Scan are:
- Test every line of code and potential execution path.
- The root cause of each defect is clearly explained, making it easy to fix bugs
- Integrates with GitHub and Travis CI
On the other hand, Phabricator provides the following key features:
- reviewing code before it hits master
- auditing code after it hits master
- hosting Git/Hg/SVN repositories