Codacy vs Code Climate: What are the differences?
What is Code Climate? Automated Ruby Code Review. After each Git push, Code Climate analyzes your code for complexity, duplication, and common smells to determine changes in quality and surface technical debt hotspots.
Codacy and Code Climate can be categorized as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Codacy are:
- Monitoring of Technical Debt
- Automated Code Review
- New and Fixed Issues per commit
On the other hand, Code Climate provides the following key features:
- Automated Git Updates- Nothing to install. Code Climate runs everytime you push a new commit.
- Activity Feeds- Up-to-the-minute information so you can see when and how code changes.
- Instant Notifications- Major security and quality changes pushed to where you work: email, Campfire, HipChat, and RSS feeds.
"Automated code review" is the primary reason why developers consider Codacy over the competitors, whereas "Auto sync with Github" was stated as the key factor in picking Code Climate.
According to the StackShare community, Code Climate has a broader approval, being mentioned in 144 company stacks & 48 developers stacks; compared to Codacy, which is listed in 44 company stacks and 23 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Codacy?
What is Code Climate?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions