Azure Functions vs Lambada Framework: What are the differences?
What is Azure Functions? Listen and react to events across your stack. Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in virtually any Azure or 3rd party service as well as on-premises systems.
What is Lambada Framework? Build and deploy serverless applications using JAVA. Lambada framework is a REST framework that implements JAX-RS API and lets you deploy your applications to AWS Lambda and API Gateway in a serverless fashion. With Lambada you can migrate the existing JAX-RS applications with a very little effort and build scalable applications without having to deal with servers.
Azure Functions and Lambada Framework can be categorized as "Serverless / Task Processing" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Functions are:
- Easily schedule event-driven tasks across services
- Expose Functions as HTTP API endpoints
- Scale Functions based on customer demand
On the other hand, Lambada Framework provides the following key features:
- Support for the most common JAX-RS annotations.
- XML based configuration for Lambda function including VPC, custom execution role
- Support for multiple stages and regions.
Lambada Framework is an open source tool with 236 GitHub stars and 47 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Lambada Framework's open source repository on GitHub.