Atlas-DB vs MongoDB Atlas: What are the differences?
Developers describe Atlas-DB as "Backend for managing dimensional time series data, by Netflix". Atlas was developed by Netflix to manage dimensional time series data for near real-time operational insight. Atlas features in-memory data storage, allowing it to gather and report very large numbers of metrics, very quickly. On the other hand, MongoDB Atlas is detailed as "Deploy and scale a MongoDB cluster in the cloud with just a few clicks". MongoDB Atlas is a global cloud database service built and run by the team behind MongoDB. Enjoy the flexibility and scalability of a document database, with the ease and automation of a fully managed service on your preferred cloud.
Atlas-DB can be classified as a tool in the "Database Tools" category, while MongoDB Atlas is grouped under "MongoDB Hosting".
Some of the features offered by Atlas-DB are:
- Manages dimensional time series data
- In-memory data storage
- Captures operational intelligence
On the other hand, MongoDB Atlas provides the following key features:
- Global clusters for world-class applications. Support for 60+ cloud regions across AWS, Azure, & GCP.
- Secure for sensitive data. Built-in security controls and features to meet your existing protocols and compliance standards.
- Designed for developer productivity. Integrated tools to manipulate, visualize, and analyze your data. Execute code in real time in response to data changes.
Atlas-DB is an open source tool with 2.4K GitHub stars and 204 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Atlas-DB's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Atlas-DB?
What is MongoDB Atlas?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Atlas-DB?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions